SHARE NZ Services Limited (FSP683711) trading as SHARE holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide financial advice. The following companies also trade as SHARE and are authorised under that licence to provide financial advice.
- TANNADICE AGENCIES LIMITED – FSP707031
- RISK SPECIALISTS LIMITED – FSP707231
- WOOLFORD INSURANCE LIMITED – FSP707591
- WILLIAMS FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED – FSP714231
- OPTIMUM PROFESSIONAL SERVICES LIMITED – FSP707491
- ARMSTRONG INSURANCE ADVISERS LIMITED – FSP707531
- AJC FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED – FSP715791
- COMMIX GROUP LIMITED – FSP715031
- MORGAN STEEL FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED – FSP431746
- BUSINESS ARCHITECTS LIMITED – FSP461726
- THOMSON JONES MORTGAGES & INSURANCE LIMITED – FSP5361
- SHARE NZ SERVICES LIMITED – FSP683711
- STRATEGIES FOR LIFE LIMITED – FSP714491
- QUALITY ADVICE LIMITED – FSP1000799
- PARSONS ADVISORY LIMITED – FSP772071
- MARCUS INVESTMENTS LIMITED – FSP771292
- CANTERBURY INSURANCES LIMITED – FSP715191
- SECOND LIGHT INSURANCE LIMITED – FSP1003490
- 45 SOUTH FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED – FSP1003984
- TBA INSURANCE LIMITED – FSP1002558
- TRADIECOVER LIMITED – FSP1004201
- MERSEY FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED – FSP1005211
- ARTHUR ROWNEY FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED – FSP715491
- LCL HOLDINGS LIMITED – FSP687951
- LOCK RIDGE FINANCIAL NZ LIMITED – FSP707472
- JIM DOWSETT & ASSOCIATES LIMITED – FSP707631
- GUY TURNER – FINANCIAL G.P. LIMITED – FSP708131
- F G SMITH & CO LIMITED – FSP707692
- MALCOLM PAUL RISK CONSULTANTS LIMITED – FSP707811
- NOEL COOK SERVICES LIMITED – FSP708031
- GRAEME SHANKS LIMITED – FSP708233
- QUADRANT FINANCIAL SERVICES (2020) LTD – FSP755651
- BOOTH FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED – FSP708253
- THG MANAGEMENT LIMITED – FSP708551
- CITY BROKERS LEITCH LIMITED – FSP709012
- SHEARER & COMPANY LIMITED – FSP713131
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT HAWKES BAY LIMITED – FSP718971
- VALE FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED – FSP712351
- STARLIGHT BROKERS LIMITED – FSP768195
- MICHAEL WHITE FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED – FSP1000800
- KEENAN FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED – FSP693751
- TRANSFER YOUR RISK LIMITED – FSP1003224
- J W G INSURANCE LIMNITED – FSP1004072
- MUTUAL FINANCIAL SUPPORT SERVICES LIMITED – FSP1004620
- WELLINGTON LIFE INSURANCE BROKERS LIMITED – FSP731931
If you wish to view SHARE’s registration and licence, please go to the Financial Service Providers Register https://fsp-register.companiesoffice.govt.nz and search our company Financial Service Provider (FSP) number FSP683711. As a licensed Financial Advice Provider, SHARE has standard conditions to our licence. There are no conditions specific to SHARE nor limitations or restrictions on the advice that may be given.
Nature and Scope of our Financial Advice Service
SHARE provides advice about mortgages, life & health insurance, fire & general insurance and investments (including KiwiSaver). Our financial advisers provide financial advice in relation to these financial advice products.
In addition, Morgan Steel Financial Services Limited t/a SHARE provides a Discretionary Investment Management Service (DIMS).
We only provide financial advice about product from certain providers:
- For mortgages, we work with 12 lenders (AMP, ANZ, ASB, BNZ, SBS Bank, Westpac, Heartland Bank, Avanti Finance, Resimac, First Mortgage Trust, NZCU, Liberty, KiwiBank and Pallas Capital).
- For life insurance, we work with 6 companies (AIA, Asteron Life, Chubb Life, Fidelity Life, Partners Life, and Resolution Life).
- For health insurance, we work with 5 providers (AIA, Accuro, Nib, Partners Life and Southern Cross).
- For fire & general insurance, we work with 2 providers (AON and Vero).
- For Investments and KiwiSaver, we work with 11 providers (AIA, AMP Wealth, ANZ Investments, Booster, Consilium, Generate, Fisher Funds Management, Milford Asset Management, NZ Funds, Investnow and Select Wealth Management).
Not all of SHARE’s financial advisers will be able to provide advice in relation to all of these financial advice products or from all of these providers. For more information about the financial advice products that each adviser can provide and from which providers, please see our section in Find My Adviser.
Fees or Expenses
SHARE does not charge fees, expenses or any other amount for the financial advice provided to clients unless these are agreed in advance with the client such as, for example, in the particular circumstances set out below.
SHARE may charge a fee for the financial advice provided to a client where a client repays or refinances a mortgage or cancels a life or health insurance policy within two years of inception. Whether a fee will be charged and the manner in which it will be charged will be advised when the advice is provided to the client.
Conflicts of Interest and Incentives
SHARE and our financial advisers receive commissions from the providers on whose products we give financial advice (the lenders, insurers, investment providers and KiwiSaver providers). If you decide to take out a mortgage, insurance, investments, or to take our KiwiSaver advice, the provider will pay a commission to SHARE and to your financial adviser. The amount of commission is based on the amount of the mortgage, insurance premium, amount invested or the KiwiSaver balance.
From time to time, product providers may also reward us for the overall business we provide to them. They may give us tickets to sports events, hampers, or other incentives.
Most of SHARE’s advisers have a financial interest in the business of SHARE as a shareholder of SHARE NZ Services Limited. Any issue of shares, payment of dividends or other distributions to shareholders by SHARE NZ Services Limited has no effect on the service provided.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise your interests above their own, we operate a comprehensive and robust framework of policies and procedures and follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of your goals and circumstances. Our financial advisers undergo an annual compliance review and receive training about SHARE’s policies and procedures including managing conflicts of interest. We maintain and monitor registers of conflicts of interests, and the gifts and incentives we receive.
Complaints and Dispute Resolution
If you are not satisfied with the service you have received from SHARE please contact us. We have an internal complaints process and undertake to investigate your concerns promptly and fairly.
Please contact your adviser directly in the first instance and you may contact us to make a complaint by telephone or in writing and preferably by email at email@example.com.
We will attempt to address your complaint with your adviser in the first instance and, if necessary, will escalate the complaint to SHARE’s Chief Executive Officer for a final determination. We will let you know when we have received your complaint and will generally respond to your complaint within 10 business days.
If you feel your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, then you should contact the adviser’s independent dispute resolution provider, which in most cases will be the Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL) – A Financial Ombudsman Service (https://www.fscl.org.nz/).
This service will cost you nothing and you can contact them at
Financial Services Complaints Ltd (FSCL)
Level 4, 101 Lambton Quay
0800 347 257
You also have the right to address your complaint to the Financial Markets Authority (FMA). Details of the FMA complaints process are available on the FMA website at https://www.fma.govt.nz. The FMA can also be contacted at: Level 2, 1 Grey Street, PO Box 1179, Wellington 6140 or by phone 04 472 9830.
SHARE’s Duties to you
SHARE, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, has duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- Give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests.
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice.
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice) and;
- Meet standards of ethical behavior, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we ought to and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
SHARE NZ Services Limited (FSP683711) trading as SHARE is the Financial Advice Provider.
You can contact us by phone or email at:
0508 2 SHARE (0508 274 273) or 09 489 8625 or firstname.lastname@example.org
132 Hurstmere Road
PO Box 33 741