I want my income to continue if I can’t work

I want my income to continue if I can’t work

During your working life it is highly likely that you will need time off for an accident, illness or short term injury.

Sick leave, ACC and your emergency savings account might provide some income for a little while, but what happens when these run out and you are not yet well enough to return to the workplace?

Being unable to work and not having a financial safety net spells disaster for many New Zealand families. Bills pile up, mortgage payments are missed – the burden of financial worries while you are recovering creates extra stress and may delay your return to work further.

It doesn't have to be this way if you have Income Protection.

Income Protection pays a regular amount (usually up to 75% of your income) until you are well enough to return to work or until your selected benefit period ends. Some Income Protection policies will also help you out with extras such as home help, rehabilitation assistance and retraining allowances.

Speak to your SHARE adviser about your own Income Protection requirements